So bear with me... It's been a life time since I have attempted blogging, and since I'm a visual person by nature, I'm ultimately not very good at words, or grammar, or spelling... my apologies. I'm fast approaching 30 and have found that instead of celebrating it, I've been trying to justify why I am the person I am today, because I haven't "meet expectations". Expectations I've mostly put on myself, mostly influenced by society. It was a heart breaking realisation when I had always thought that I marched to the beat of my own drum and didn't care about what people thought about me and the life I live. I don't actually care, but somewhere along the line, these expectations for what I should have achieved by my 30th birthday have developed and they grew into anxieties. I've always known that what I wanted out of life was different from other people, but somewhere along the line I lost touch with myself and it's time for change.
When I think about it, I've always had minimalistic traits, yet they have always been at war with my eclectic self. Very recently, whilst drowning in social anxieties, I've felt enlightened by the idea of living a minimalist lifestyle and making more conscious and deliberate decisions about what adds value to my life. A way to unload all the social burdens and really set myself up for a completely adventurous and passionate life. So that's how we got here, a blog, to document my journey to a minimalist lifestyle in the hope of re-centering myself and finally allowing myself the freedom to live the life I want to live.
✌
No comments:
Post a Comment